Friday, January 18, 2008

One Moment in Time..

There are moments in our lives that are totally indescribable.  Those times that we completely let ourselves go and we concentrate fully on God are quite possibly one of the more meaningful ones.  I sat on my bed singing along to my freshly acquired worship songs for no more than 20 minutes, crying harder than I've ever cried before.  I was thinking about Kim and myself standing in church singing (we use many of the same songs in my church) and for no reason, the tears began flowing.  I don't know why or how, but I looked up at my ceiling, but my ceiling was not there.  I saw a light (not just because I have new light bulbs either!).   I didn't know or care about anything that was going on around me.  Normally I would reach around for a pillow and bury my face in it, but this time it was okay to cry.  It was just me and God.  I cried and put my head on my own shoulder.  I asked God to just tell me what to do.  I don't have horrible problems in my life right now or anything, but I do have issues with priorities and following the right path.  

Now, when people have these experiences, they always have some incredible revelation.  Mine is no different in that respect.  I realized that I have bigger things to worry about.  I realized the importance of slowing down.  The fact of the matter is that I'm not doing the right things in my life.  For a few weeks I've felt like I'm getting a brand new start.  

My new years eve was the best I've had in years.  I wasn't out on the town bar hopping and being wild.  Heck, I didn't even drink any champaign!  It was that day that I met Kim for lunch and right after lunch he asked that I come play board games with his family (grandmother, aunt, uncle, cousin, mom, and little sister).  Kim says that he is selective about who he brings home to meet his family.  We spent hours playing cards and I lost miserably.  I think they got some sort of sick pleasure out of defeating me. (haha). 

Last semester was an awful 15 weeks that never should have happened. This semester began with a load of great momentum on my part and an enthusiasm for learning.  I am really very excited to learn and make my way closer to my chosen career. :)

Tonight's happenings are just the icing on the cake.  I strive to get to know God, and with Lent approaching, I will be getting baptized. 

No comments: