Thursday, January 3, 2008

Are you my boyfriend now?

Today, beginning a relationship is more confusing than ever.  In the good old days there was the question "Do you want to go steady?"   I'm not sure why, but there's usually some sort of grey area between friends and "dating."    I don't like grey areas in any part of my life, so it's an extra annoyance when a man is too shy to ask me if I want to be his girlfriend... or even ask me if I want to go on a date.   

Why do girls always feel like they have to be on their toes when around a boy?  When I was in high school, the girls were always sooo shy about just calling a boy... It makes me wonder what they're like on a date!   I've always been able to let loose around anyone: boy or girl.  If they like me for me, then wonderful... If not, oh well!  One of my best friends in high school literally looked at her phone for 20 minutes waiting for a boy to call.  Not just any boy, though.  They had been dating for a few months.  JUST CALL THE BOY!!!

Soo... want to go steady? :)

.e.

1 comment:

jperez1978 said...

i would like to get to know you though. the distance would probably be a problem. i know someone that lives in beaumont. when you feel comfortable with meeting. email me at jpperez1978@yahoo.com